Erratic command line behaviour with NB 8.0k

Dear all
I have encountered some rather irritating command line behaviour with the new version of NB, NB 8.0k. Under certain circumstances the cursor jumps from the command line to the text while I am typing a command. I have tested this extensively with the previous version I was using, 8.0i, and cannot reproduce it so it seems to be an artefact introduced with the new version. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it with a clean install of NB, without any XY customisation and this suggests that the latter may be triggering the new behaviour. If so, it is unlikely that NB will want to try and cure it.
Has anybody else experienced anything similar? I find it when I am
editing a series of text files then copying them to a backup USB stick.
 I normally copy the file to the backup, carry out a WordCount on the
file then CAll the backup and carry out a WordCount on that to ensure
they are both the same. It is normally during the calling or the
issuing of the WC command for the backup file that this happens. It is
not exactly reproducible but if I simply go through a sequence of
opening ten files (eg chapter.1 to chapter.1) and then carry out the
above tasks is seems to happen at least once, maybe more often.

Paul Breeze