Re: Re Keystrokes: Possible BIOS compatibility

Robert Holmgren wrote:
But here's a simple converter anyway, for distances, fluids, and weights. DECODE it, DeFine it, then "ADD2U2".
Thank you, thank you, thank you. What more can I say? I'm no whiz at mental arithmetic (used to be decent, but computers and calculators have spoiled me), but I always cringe inwardly if I don't know the metric measure (50 years ago, my European-born father was inveighing against the asinine Americans and Brits [then] for using an archaic system of measures while the whole civilized world used metric.) I actually wrote a dBase routine myself about 10 years ago, but it's probably lost for good or hidden in some unreadable backup tapes.

Patricia M. Godfrey