Re: Reg-Read.me, and other issues

At 8/8/2004 02:47 PM -0400, Robert Holmgren wrote:
 Make sure there
is only ONE copy of REG on your machine!
Robert, how do you set up NBWIN, then? I had two copies of the U2package
(including REG), one in the \XY directory, the other in \NBWIN. Should I
write lines in NBSTARTUP to link with the U2 package in \XY? Thus keeping
only one REG file on the machine.
Also, a while back, amid the all the discussion of screen issues with XyDos
and XP, you suggested that the group start thinking about the future; I
inferred NBWIN. I'm using it more and more on XP and do not want, at this
point, to discuss either its advantages or disadvantages, but I can not
help but wonder -- wish, if you like -- whether one day the authors of U2
will begin to adapt that essential package of programs -- all the
exigencies of time, labor, health and so on notwithstanding -- to NBWIN.

Michael Norman