Re: Refresh rates (XyDos in XP Window)

John Negus wrote: "And a win98 dos box - dos 7 ? - takes a long time
reading
directories." Harry wrote, "Mine doesn't." Nor does mine, and I'm running
98 A on fairly ancient PC (purchased 3/1999, and far from state of the
art then): an AMD K6/2 @333 MHz with a DMA 33 hard drive and 128 Mb RAM.
Booting takes forever (but that I blame on my multifunction printer
driver; boot time was halved when I had to uninstall that). A DIR
e:\folder command is perhaps marginally slower than in pure DOS (i.e.,
reboot to DOS) would be, but I certainly wouldn't call it "a long time."
If you're telling me newer, "faster" machines aren't...? We have P IIIs
at about 500 MHz in the office; will try them tomorrow.
	Nasty, suspicious thought: What's the CPU in John's machine? In Harry's?
Could this just be an AMD vs. Intel thing?
Patricia