Re: Refresh rates (XyDos in XP Window)

At 3/3/2003 02:41 AM -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:
 If it was simply a matter of priority, then
why is operation smooth when running full screen?  I think it has to do with
the way apps which were designed to be run full screen and to grab the video
are emulated in a desktop window.  My hunch is, there's something wrong in the
guts of that routine.

If your hunch is right, then it would seem, to paraphrase Eliot, that the end of all our exploring is to arrive where we started -- perhaps no utility or patch will solve the problem. What, in plain terms, did TAME attempt? Perhaps the answer is somewhere in there. Or perhaps we can persuade the developer -- or collectively contract with him -- to try to solve the problem, since he's about 80 to 90 percent there. Martin J. Osborne has spoken with him as well, I think.

Meanwhile, thinking ahead to less attractive alternatives, I stumbled on Bootit. http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/; eudora="autourl">http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/. Its user manual...

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/bootitng.pdf; eudora="autourl">http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/bootitnghttp://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/bootitng.pdf...talks about Multi-OS's in the same partition. I'm not sure whether that means they can share files or whether you can copy from one app to another, running two OS, for example. Worth a look.

Michael Norman
michael.norman@nyu.http://michael.norman@xxxxxxxx/_____________________