Re: SWEEP WORKS! searching subdirectories

** Reply to message from Judith Davidsen  on Sun, 28
Jul 2002 20:35:55 -0400

> My BreaK key is not listening to me. In my keyboard file,
> it's key 90 in the ctrl table, and reads 90=BK,DO; could DO
> be gumming up the works?

DO is just DisplayOn, the opposite of DX Display Off. It wakes up your screen.
It's usually combined with FF, which is ScreenRefresh, repaint the screen. No
harm. Although my KBD (also key 90) just says BK by itself, and there's no
reason not to try removing DO if all else fails.

Laptops have strange keyboard handlers, in my experience. First thing you need
to do is set up a benign test environment. Open a file. Command:
"defto$". The program will wait for you to input a keystroke. Test
various key combinations to try to BreaK out of it (success=PRompt "Stop
program? (Y/N)"). You may need Function-Alt-Break, or Function-Ctrl-Break. On
my present laptop (a Thinkpad T23) it's just Alt-Break (no Fn key; Win2K
pre-SP3).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx