Wengier

  • From: "Carl Distefano"
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 19:50:41 -0500
  • Reply to note from Bill Troop  Fri, 02 Jan 2015
    10:31:54 +0000

    Bill,

    > ... do we know why these problems exist under vDosXy?
    > Philosophically, wouldn't the better solution be for it to
    > change?

    In a word, no. What I'm referrring to aren't problems with vDosXy,
    but differences stemming from the fact that in vDosXy, Xy-DOS is
    effectively just another Win program running under the host Windows
    system, whereas in other environments Xy is a DOS program running in
    a Windows VDM (whether under the host 32-bit Windows or in a virtual
    32-bit system running in a VM under 64-bit Windows). I haven't quite
    grokked the differences yet -- in many U2-related contexts, they're
    subtle -- but I feel that the penny, perhaps inspired by the ball in
    Times Square, is about to drop.

    --
    Carl Distefano
    cld@xxxxxxxx