Re: Xy And Warp

Carl: Three things come to mind off the bat that might affect the speed of
OS/2's DOS emulation (they did for me under v2.x). First, the size of the disk
cache. Under OS/2 v2.11, I use the CONFIG.SYS command
  DISKCACHE=2048,LW,128,AC:C
 for my FAT system with 16Meg of memory; for HPFS you adjust the /CACHE
parameter in the HPFS.IFS setting, and the CACHE command. The default cache
was _much too small_ under v2.1x! I don't know what the command is under OS/2
v3.0, but I imagine that HELP DISKCACHE or HELP CACHE at an OS/2 prompt will
give a clue. Second, the initial size of SWAPPER.DAT should be set high.
XyWrite does a lot of swapping to disk/memory. I played with SWAPPER.DAT until
I had set it at an initial size that never grew during any session. That was a
far bigger size than I had seen suggested anywhere, namely close to 22Meg. My
setting under v2.11 is
  SWAPPATH=C:\OS2\SYSTEM 2048 21504
 The number (21504) should be evenly divisible by 64. Third, when did you
defrag last? Unless you started fresh with FDISK in the OS partition,
installation/deletion of so many files can make a mess of your disk. Presume
you know, of course, that it can be dangerous/fatal to use DOS defraggers
unless the EAs are respected. OPTune is OK, shareware DOG is OK, others I
don't know... Good luck.