Re: Carl's Spell Frame

Reply to note from Fred Weiner  Sat, 21 May 2011
08:00:20 -0700

Fred:

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Carl Distefano
>  wrote:
>
> > I found, and corrected, one error in your U2 file. The
> > corrected file is attached. Not 100% sure this will do it, but
> > let me know.
>
> Very, very impressive. Works as designed. I'm curious: What was
> the error, and how did you find it?

Oddly, it was an isolated decoding error in the last character of
this line in frame SPELL:

{less_than}{greater_than}"SPELL.TMP">

The final close guillemet in that line had failed to decode; it was
"{>}" (the XPLencoded rendering of a 1-byte Ascii-175) instead of an
actual Ascii-175. I found it by ... looking. The error caused Editor
to misinterpret the IF statement, which is why you were getting the
"Unbalanced EndIf" error message.

I'm cc'ing the list so that people know the problem was resolved.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx