Re: Editing Footnotes

Dear SysOp: Thanks for the fixed EDITOR. The default accents (built-in table)
work, which is good news; but.... hmmmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong,
yet... I think not. I enclose XyQuest's ACCENTS file, plain vanilla as I got
it from TTG. I MErge it into one of my printer files per instructions
(SETTINGS.DFL, I tried various places in the file -- top, bottom, middle). I
reload Xy4. Xy gags on the AC table. (Reloading over and over with slight
variations, trying to get this to work, had the effect of seriously
destabilizing the operating system.) Yet when I add a plain ";PR;" printer
designation to the top of the ACCENTS table, and LOAD it all by itself (i.e.
not as part of another PRN|DFL|whathaveyou ;PR; file), it is accepted and,
better still, it works. You try it. Something is still screwed up. (Is there
any limit to the number of ";PR;" files that can be loaded concurrently?)

Hey, 4016.NTS is quite a list. Golly, you guys had it all along, even numbered
our complaints! -- and here we thought there were just little scraps of paper
lying on the floor like dead flies. I'm impressed. More than THIRTEEN
THOUSAND bugs, all squashed. Seriously, it allows one to know whether an
upgrade is meaningful or relevant -- and that's very useful. I hope you'll
maintain the list publicly.

Funny thing, I was about to ask what the command PUTC does, when I saw it
mentioned in these Notes. I previously saw it in DLG and, intrepid as always,
I issued something like "PUTC 102" -- which promptly crashed the program amid
beeps and flashing screens and other unusual protests.

What is the meaning of the operator "=" (Ascii-240), e.g. in a statement like
"IF(="0")!(="1")...." For reference see i.a. frame {{5,IsNum}}
in XY4.DLG. Thanks.