Windows vs DOS XyWrite

I've a feeling that this may be a FAQ, but as I've just joined this list and
there don't appear to be any discussion logs....

After using XyWrite III+ and subsequently XyWrite 4 for DOS on a 286 machine,
I've recently bought a Windows-capable 486SX.
This means that I would now be able to run XyWrite for Windows, should I wish
to do so. I would be interested in other users' views and experiences --
especially those of users who have tried both versions -- as to the advantages
and disadvantages of moving to the Windows version.

With thanks,
Andrew Wilson email: eia018@xxxxxxxx