Re: file searching/vista help

Patricia wrote:
And the later willy-nilly covers all persons. The problem is that I suspect that many people misinterpret "willy-nilly" to mean "carelessly, sloppily, done `with the side of your foot'"
Thanks. I had thought it meant: "without due forethought," as in doing
something regardless of whether or not thought would dictate not doing it.
Seems like the third person would be "will-he, nill-he" which leads most
easily into "willy-nilly." My dictionary gives as an example: "He'll have
to do it, willy-nilly."
Come to think of it, that's the polar opposite of what I thought it meant.
The meaning actually is: "whether he wants to or not," whereas I thought it
meant "he's driven by an urge so strong that he's bolting into action
heedlessly."

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx