RE: Re List Member: Mike Shupp

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:23:11 -0700 (PDT), J R FOX wrote:

>I have a secondary account at
>Yahoo Mail, which I give to companies, stores, or other
>commercial entities I don't want clogging up my personal email
>with a lot of traffic I may not even want to receive. (I
>think everyone should make use of such a diversionary "Spamtrap"
>account.) Gmail is one that seems to be very popular now.
>And I'm sure there are various others.

funny, that's exactly how I use Yahoo -- the likelier the correspondent is to send
me garbage, the more apt I am to give them the Yahoo! address: UPS tracking
number notifications, Facebook status updates, Netflix e-mails asking what day I
mailed "The Milky Way" all go there.

I have one domain e-mail for one type of work, another for the the other -- both
get automatically forwarded to separate Gmail addresses 1) for archiving purposes,
and 2) because it's easier to check my mail with my smartphone or a browser.

-rafe