Re: XyWrite and OS/2

On Sat, 25 Mar 95 13:36:22 PST, kfrank@xxxxxxxx (Kenneth
Frank) wrote:
> > There several reasons why we would actually like to produce
an OS/2 version, > but in the absence of more active
participation from IBM (or some other > strategic partner) it
does not seem to be practical. I am open to ideas, but > at
this time it is an unlikely prospect.

   So are you saying that MS is participating in TTG's porting of
XY to 32-bit for windoz 97? Or that there just isn't going to be any
32-bit version of XY, period?
   Sad news indeed! I hope you don't harbour any illusions that
 the OS/2 users are going to buy into your windoz 95 products?
BTW, do you have any information on the current status of the
Unix binary port of XY done by Hunter a few years ago? Did they
ever do the same for XY4?
Or Signature? That's certainly a better option as far as I'm
concerned if there isn't going to be a XY/2. Linux with Motif is
a pretty cool 32-bit
OS.

Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

All is impermanent -- and this too shall pass away.