Re: OT: query regarding HTML

> That seems very credible to me.
> ???? Jordan

------------
  Daniel Say writes

        --- Recent ----
Computers in Human Behavior
Volume 54, January 2016, Pages 569576

TITLE: The impact of paper-based versus computerized presentation on text comprehension and
memorization
by Alexandre Poriona, Xavier Aparicioa, , , Olga Megalakakia, Alisson Roberta, Thierry Baccinob

Highlights
"   The objective was to compare reading from paper versus computers.
"  We developed a one-page text with a specific structure.
"  We measured comprehension and memorization from paper and computer.
"  Results did not reveal any difference between paper and computer.

    dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2015.08.002

====
     An old (1992) large review.
     See newer reviews via scholar.google.ccm
     with the word "review" Results will be
     somewhat uneven.
     PubMed.com has better filters for limiting search
     to reviews and such
   ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=paper%2C++++screen+reading

Reading from paper versus screens: a critical review of the empirical literature by Andrew Dillon
  .ischool.utexas.edu/~adillon/Journals/Reading.htm
[ Author's note: This item is not the definitive copy. Please use the following citation when
referencing this material: Dillon, A. (1992) Reading from paper versus screens: a critical review of
the empirical literature. Ergonomics, 35(10), 1297-1326.]

Abstract
The advent of widespread computer use in general and increasing developments in the domain of
hypertext in particular have increased awareness of the issue of reading electronic text. To date
the literature has been dominated by reference to work on overcoming speed deficits resulting from
poor image quality but an emerging literature reveals a more complex set of variables at work. The
present review considers the differences between the media in terms of outcomes and processes of
reading and concludes that single variable explanations are insufficient to capture the range of
issues involved in reading from screens
------------
Opinion Pieces
Screen vs. paper: what is the difference for reading and learning?
Authors: Caroline Myrberg , Ninna Wiberg

/insights.uksg.org/articles/10.1629/uksg.236/?ref=curiositydotcom

Abstract
We have all seen the newspaper headlines: screens make us read slower, learn less deeply, remember
less and sleep worse. Is this why students prefer to print out their electronic textbooks? We
suspected it was habit and attitude rather than measurable cognitive effort during reading that made
people prefer print texts, but we needed evidence. We decided to find out what recent research had
to say on the subject and read scholarly articles addressing the issues of the actual reading and/or
learning processes involved in reading on screen compared to on paper. We then considered these
results in relation to our own experience of using tablets and teaching scholars and students how to
use their tablets/smartphones in their work.

Habit and attitude appeared to be important, and a digitally born textbook is by far the best
alternative to a print textbook when it comes to studying. But even those who prefer to read on
screens are originally native paper readers, and as long as the existing application interfaces
cannot address the shortcomings of screens regarding spatial landmarks, we will keep returning to
paper under certain circumstances....

How to Cite: Myrberg, C. & Wiberg, N., (2015). Screen vs. paper: what is the difference for
reading and learning?. Insights. 28(2), pp.4954. DOI: /doi.org/10.1629/uksg.236
-----
     A more populist article, with internal
     URL links

"The Reading Brain in the Digital Age: The Science of Paper versus Screens"
E-readers and tablets are becoming more popular as such technologies improve, but research suggests
that reading on paper still boasts unique advantages
  By Ferris Jabr on April 11, 2013
  scientificamerican.com/article/reading-paper-screens/