Re: XyWr versions questions

Paul:

I don't ordinarily use XyWrite 4.0 in the Windows environment, but what
experience I've had has been OK. And I know folks who have used XyW 4.0 a lot
in Windows without problems. The only thing you have to be aware of is that you
can't use any DOS TSRs, for example the Random House Websters Electronic
Dictionary, while in the Windows environment or you will lock up. Otherwise,
you ought to be fine, given adequate resources, etc.

You mentioned a screen view problem. In my case, if I go into full screen using
Ctrl-Shift-V, and then toggle out of it to go back to normal view, the system
locks or I get an application error or other message. It seems to be related to
the use of Norton Desktop for Windows 3.0, but I'm not sure. TTG's developers
in Massachusetts have been working on this because they've gotten similar
reports, but I haven't heard back yet.

I've had other problems with XyWin, however, that make me think it simply isn't
ready for prime time.

Let me know if there's any other info I can provide.

Matt