IBM QUIETWRITER II

Chris, I am having massive problems with XyWrite and The IBM Quietwriter II. At
first I thougght it was a bad printer file, so I downloaded a new copy from
here and it didn't make any difference.

Here's the problem.

Sometimes while printing a document, the printer will come to the end of a
line, give a long beep turn on all five of the front panel lights, and stop
printing. Then it resets itself (aborting the curret job). I have tried this
with our network version and with the single user version. (Net work version
used CAPTURE, stand alone used regular DOS routines, i.e. no capture or
redirect in effect.) Both versions are 3.55. Printer works fine with our other
applications, i.e. Symphony. XyWrite works fine with our other printers.
I tyf'd the file and called it up with a text editor I have that will show all
characters and has a HEX mode. There is no 'visible' difference between the
line endings on lines that work vs. the lines that crash. By 'visible' I mean
that I can't see any. There was a wierd series of characters at the end of each
line (I should say all lines). I can upload a copy of the tyf'd file to you if
it will help.

I know I'm going to be really upset with this for two reasons: One, it is going
to be something really simple, and I will hate myself, and two, They'll
probably replace the printer within 24 hours of me solving the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

 Remember,

 No matter where you go, there you are!

 ----John