Re: IBM QUIETWRITER II

First, my standard questions: which printer file are you using? It should be
3QUIET.PRN if it's a 5201 (Model I or II), or 3QUIET3.PRN if it's a 5202 (Model
III). Also, are the printer's switches in their factory default settings?

When you say you tried it "standalone," does that mean that the printer was
cabled directly to the computer? I assume this is what you mean, and that it
was a parallel connection. If not, let me know.

Make certain that the printer file for the quietwriter is the last printer file
loaded--in fact, try loading it immediately BEFORE printing. If you load a
color settings file or anything else with LDPRN the ;PR; load i.d., after you
have loaded the quietwriter file, you blow the quietwriter file out of the
water.

If none of these suggestions improve your situation, please upload the original
file and the FO.TMP. Please note where printing goes kaflooey.

--chris