Re: Command Line

The disappearing Insert/Overstrike indicator could be caused by changing your
customized view to display the status line on the command line and having a
user message. I have noticed that a long user message will overwrite this
indicator, and the indicator will not return until the mouse selects a command
button ( a quasi refresh). Please let me know if that is the case with your
setup. I have found that if you place the status line on top this is not a
problem.  The changing of modes I have been able to duplicate on one machine
in this office from time to time, but have not been able to determine a cause
for this. The function of combined Insert/Overstrike is called by the TW
function call. This can be toggled on by hitting Alt-Insert. You may want to
check your keyboard file if you have modified it, for this function call. Once
this function has been invoked, it will not turn off until the Ins key has been
pressed. I will try to keep an eye on what causes this mode to be toggled on,
and will report the problem to development. Please keep me posted on this.