Command Line

For reasons I can't figure out, the Overstrike and Insert lines on my command
line drop out and reappear during XyWin sessions. Also, the insert function
often transmogrifies itself into the combination Overstrike/Insert mode, in
which cursor overwrites characters until it reaches a space, and then reverts
to Insert.

Am I inadvertantly giving a function command that is causing this? For
instance, is there some keyboard command in XW.KBD that I might be striking?

If so, what is the function command to return XyWin to the default setting of
pure Overstrike/Insert mode.

Thanks,

Jack Shafer