Surprise us, Harmon

... It's a new season. Write something unpredictable. Do the
unexpected. Get truly radical and tell us something that applies to the real world. ...
Better yet, 'fess up. Like Lou Gerstner said, the OS war is over.
Isn't it time to admit that you're really here as an MS agent
provocateur? You've surely succeeded in antagonizing anybody who
was undecided about trying Warp.
Take a bow for persuading me to let my $50 Warp rebate coupon
expire last winter. No one could have convinced me a year ago
that I'd now be wishing an
MS product well: The credit belongs to you.

You've kept the list focused on Warp but made rational discussion
of it impossible. What more could MS have hoped for here during
win95 delays? Now that there's finally another OS worth
discussing, one that most of us will use sooner or later, your
new thought police strategy--threatening to drown out discussion
of xyWrite and win95 with your drivel like calling
Warp-to-win95 migrants cultists--is a cool way to create new
hostility. Like, with users with hands-on xyWin/win95 *plus*
xyWrite/Warp experience posting to the list, subscribers should
care what you read in a column on win95 by a
Q&AWrite scifi hack? Duh. win95 runs under Warp? Double duh. ...
Your petty, bitter loser act is inspired. A job well done,
Harmon. Bill Gates never had a more effective salesman.   --A

========================== annie fisher  nyc