Keyboard problem Win8 ctrl caps lock etc SOLVED

Earlier I wrote about the insupportable problem I was having with
constant hitting of the control key (remapped from capslock via KeyTweak).
Many helpful suggestions were made, but it was thought that the
keyboard geometry must be the real problem.
After some more weeks of careful observation of my typing and the
error, I began to suspect that the problem was deeper. I just could
not see that I was hitting the caps lock (now ctrl) key that hard or
that often. The problem seemed to occur some other way.
I cancelled that remap, and found that I was not hitting caps lock by
accident. So what was the problem?
I then remade the mapping, but instead of applying LeftCtrl to the
capslock key, I mapped RightCtrl.

There are now no problems.

I am afraid to go back and re-test it with LeftCtrl!
The moral is things aren't always what they seem and yes, there is usually a solution. Something was obviously very wrong. What it could be, I have no idea, but I suspect it may have had something to do with the touch pad and its driver. Who knows? It's gone!
I hope this might be helpful to someone in the future.