Re: Development and platforms (Win, NT, OS/2) and DOS

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996 12:26:16 -0700, you wrote:

>Now I presume that you're talking about your new product, so I can't really
>make any calls there, having not seen it. But XyWrite's "interface" for
>years was the good old command line at the top of the screen. And that
>command line (which would drive mouse-happy windows and mac users crazy)
>was the real power behind the program. You could do just about *anything*
>with that command line (and the XPL stuff that went with it).

Hello all (first post here),

I'd like to add another voice of support for what I see as XyWrite's
undeniable strengths: its speed, flexibility, configurability, and
power, which I also agree are part and parcel of its command line
interface (and XPL of course). I've used XyWrite 3.55 full-time for
around six years now and simply won't be parted with it. Having gone
through iterations of Word for Windows and manifold other Windows wps
and editors, there's only one program I find myself coming back to:
XyWrite. Not having used XyWrite for Windows, my information is
incomplete, yet I strongly suspect that I would choose the DOS over the
Windows version.

Having to work solely within a MS Office environment, newer certainly
does not mean better for me. I honestly believe my XyWrite 3.55 is a
better wp than Word 6 (for my uses as a full-time professional writer as
opposed to occasional dabbler), due to its speed and comand line power.

I'm afraid I strongly doubt that any Windows program, whether from TTG
or not, would make me change from Xy3.55.

--
          _
James Eibisch  ('v')   N : E : T : A : D : E : L : I : C : A