Re: Writing and research with computers

Thomas A. Robertson:

You may want to suggest people look at my two volumes _Science in
Ancient China_ and _Medicine, Philosophy and Religion in Ancient
China,_ published last year by Variorum. They contain a selection of
my essays, about half either new or updated using XyWrite. I produced
the camera copy, incorporating complete page layout and graphics,
using XyWrite. I happened to use XW 4.12 in the final stages for its
ease in manipulating graphics, but everything could have been done
with more or less equal ease in XY 4.017. I printed 600 dpi copy on a
Laserjet 4. The point is that, if you compare the new copy with the
professionally set articles that were directly reprinted, you won't
see any difference.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science