Re: XyShell Clipboard and conversion of ANSI characters

fenda@xxxxxx wrote:

> I know that Win98 is not a real OpSys. I am using it because I am afraid
> of possible incompatibility issues with my favorite applications under
> W2000 or XP (XyWrite, according the posts, works without any problem
> under both, but how about Corel Ventura 5 or NetManage Ecco Pro..., for
> example), not to mention Linux.

Xy works great under OS/2 | ECS -- no compromises, everything you had when
running it under real DOS, and then some. Of course, that wouldn't resolve the
need for continued use of your Win-32 app.s, but some combination of the ODIN
add-on and Innotek's VPC (which can emulate most any OS from within another,
provided the hardware is fast enough to overcome any speed penalty) should be
able to take care of this. This is not an easy or a cheap solution, but it does
exist. I've seen some rather impressive demos. There is also the multi-OS,
multi-boot alternative, which I've been using since 1997, though perhaps a bit
less convenient. (It helps that I only need to boot W2K occasionally for a few
specific things, such as PhotoShop, the more demanding type of scanner use, and
Quicktime.)

> I am using Uwe Siebert's licensed fonts to obtain the best possible
> screen in my 21 inches display (Sibert's fonts for windowed XyWrite
> sessions are better than FONTMAN full screen ones).

Are Siebert's fonts of no use for fullscreen sessions ? If so, I won't bother
with them.

Jordan