Re: Screen problem?

It's impossible to help with a problem like this unless JD
provides detailed information about her setup, including at least
which version of Win98, which even after the 2d ed. is a
notoriously buggy program.

This does not necessarily portend disaster unless it has happened
repeatedly. The point is that the computer can't flawlessly
perform every time all the millions of actions necessary to get a
bloated GUI shell like Windows along with an application up and
running. Most of the inevitable glitches are minor, often not
even needing a reboot. Every so often, on my stolid desktop with
Win95 OSR2, the least buggy version of Windows, I do get an
idiopathic crash, esp. at startup. Restarting takes care of it.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science