Finis

Michel: The funny thing about this BBS is that some people have persistent
problems with the phones, and others either don't, or else they have trouble
only occasionally. For example, I've had no difficulty since some months.
It's bizarre. I used to think it was elevated phone wires blowing in the wind
in the Massachusetts countryside. Or perhaps a regular user who had a bad
habit that messed up the software, like hanging up in the middle of a file
transfer. A neighbor in my building has an old Hayes 2400 that makes my phone
lines squeal horribly while he uses it on his phone lines (explain that!). Or
motors running in the Billerica office... Who knows. It's been this way for
years, and they claim they're too poor to buy a decent modem (although they do
have my money for Orbis and whatever-that-other-program-was-called, Urbem or
NoScrotum or some fancy-named thing, neither of which I received). Anyway...

So, summarizing: At this point, you *can* swap two personal spellers within
the PCLEXAM system. And you can (& always could) swap main English<==>Fran?ais
dictionaries within the PCLEXAM system. Your remaining problems are, First,
replacing French words in the PCLEX thesaurus, a problem which is **unique to
the French dictionary** -- correct? And Second, you can't get Microlytics to
work **at all** (I hadn't realized that):

 >>> As Microlytics does not even work standalone on my system,
 >>> (clean boot - no references to PCLEXAM) it is just a waste
 >>> of your and my time trying to pursue this idea any longer.

That's hard to understand. Bloody amazing, in fact. Do you have a
Quebec-specific version of Xy4, or something like that? And you say that you
have the Microlytics' files "in place" on C:\XY4 too??.... Hmmmm. I thought
your problem with Microlytics was that F5 didn't perform corrections when
spelling! I suggest that you take a hard look at virtually any table in the
XY4.KBD that came with the package -- not your Sig keyboard that you ported to
Xy4. (Remember: Microlytics didn't function in Sig, so the *necessary*
Microlytics function calls were NOT built-in to the Sig keyboard!) In XY4.KBD,
on F1-F10, here's an example of what you find (e.g. Unshifted table):
 59=Q1,H@
 60=Q2,XH,SG
 61=Q3,DF
 62=Q4,DP
 63=Q5,BC
 64=Q6,XH,NX
 65=XH,JM,(,S,p,e,l,l,)
 66=XH,SP
 67=XC
 68=GT,SH Voyons, that's probably your problem right there! Q1-Q6 are wierd
functions which are ignored if the Microlytics dictionary isn't **on-screen**.

Well, if you're quitting, I am too -- genug. But I personally wouldn't accept
a broken French thesaurus and a completely nonfunctional Standard English
dictionary.

I don't know what you got out of all of this, but I got an improved toggling
between PCLEXAM<==>Microlytics dictionaries (plus an awareness of the problems
with it)... And, of course, it was nice, as always, to have SysOp participate
in such a vibrant nimble way in our discussion -- wasn't it? Solving our
problems with amiability & esprit.  All the best