Re: ersatz autosave...? (Speaking of...)

REply to message from Brian Henderson  on Sat, 5
Mar 2005 12:25:05 -0800
 ≪alt/tab in and out of full-screen Xy. When using Xy4, going from
Win back to Xywrite causes the cursor to go from text, where I left it,
the command line ≫

I cannot reproduce that here. First of all, though Alt-Tab is checked as
a Windows shortcut key on the XyWrite.pif properties screen, it doesn't
work from Windowed mode to full screen. To go to full screen I have to
click on the little four-way arrowhead icon on the title bar. Once in
full screen, Alt-tab puts Xywrite into minimized mode (i.e., reduced to
an icon on the toolbar); clicking on that restores full screen. To get
back to Windowed mode I have to right click the desktop icon, go into the
Properties sheet, and reset it from Full Screen to Windowed. In none of
this does the cursor get moved from the text to the command line. This
is, of course, Win98 SE. Which version of Redmond Rubbish are you using?
What's your default DT? Expanded? Draft? With or without page-line
display? (I don't think the latter would make a difference, really.)

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx

PS Full screen is lousy on my nice new LCD: half off the screen for one
thing. No doubt it could be tweaked, but I always run windowed, since I
have to switch between XyWrite and other apps, and it's easier to
minimize with the little box on the upper right corner (SOME useful
things in Windows).