Re: Version confusion: TTG discounts?

On 20 Dec 00, at 23:48, Yo Intl. wrote:

> At 09:31 AM 12/20/00 EST, TBaehr@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> >If you do decide to buy 4.x from TTG, the list price has been something
> >around $450. Ouch. But you may be able to get a "competitive upgrade"
> >for around $130.
>
> Yes, he will. Read the fine print, and you will see that "upgrade" refers
> to any word processor, including Microshaft Word. At least that marketing
> lesson TTG has learned.

The biggest proiblem with XyWrite has been marketing, and no doubt that is
what keeps the price so high. It has no exposure at all in computer
publications, and hardly any on the Web.

If it weren't for this list, I wouldn't know it was still available at all.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx
  Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/steve.htm