Prelimianry report: XY on XP

The XP box is up and running, and I did a very quick and dirty test of
Xy, using Carl's portable configuration on my flash drive. Guinea pig
deposeth as follows:
1. NO double cursor. That, it seems plain, is an artifact of certain
Dell laptop systems. Caveat emptor.
2. Running windowed, the window is rather small, but I did not
experiment with tweaking its size. Lucida console is readible, even by
myopic me.
3. The infamous cursor lag is nill or certainly not noticeable. But I am
a very slow and fumble-fingered typist.
4. Hardware: AMD Sempron CPW, ASUS KV8 Deluxe Mobo (socket 754; that can
be upgraded to an Athlon 64 CPU). Sorry, I forgot to write down the make
and model of the VGA adaptor (a very important item), but will report on
that later.

Patricia M. Godfrey