Re: XyWin stops working

** Reply to message from Paul Williams  on
Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:36:48 +0200

> Now, for some unexplained reason, it has stopped working.

Paul, many NT systems have this problem. Typically, if you
launch XW.EXE from a command line, there is a brief pause, then
nothing. I have traced filesystem accesses during this
interval, I know that XW.EXE actually opens, but it traps on
something and then closes itself -- and I can't figure out what
causes the trap.

It would be enormously valuable to all of us if you would think
back carefully to the period between your last successful use of
XyWin and the first failure, and try to recall any changes you
made to the computer, especially programs or hardware installed,
or peripherals connected, etc. etc.

And, do you permit your operating system to contact Windows
Update automatically and auto-install updates without notifying
you first and gaining your consent?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx