Re: for the variously challenged

--- Harry Binswanger  wrote:

> What I would like, additionally, is a way to see
> what the real password is
> when Win automatically puts up the password, as
> asterisks, into the
> password field. Sometimes I have neglected to write
> down (or store in a Xy
> file in readable form) the password, and I'd like to
> be able to get it from
> Windows.

Harry,

I'm about 80% sure that I once saw a utility (for Win)
that claimed to do just that -- perhaps when the mouse
cursor is moved over the asterisks . . . ? I think I
was looking for something else at the time, and I
don't spend all that much time in Windows anyway, so I
did not stop to investigate. But, if you hunt around
the freeware and shareware repositories, such as
Softpedia and Majorgeeks, searching on the keyword
"password", you might get lucky.

 Jordan