W2K networking protocols

To Patricia,
who asked about IPX/SPX in NT4/NT5: this is a Novell protocol. If your tech guys have it installed, then they have Novell servers running on the corporate LAN. The letters stand for Internet Packet Exchange, and Sequenced Packet Exchange, both Novell proprietary protocols. They have similar functions to IP and TCP, but with considerably improved security and addressing compared to TCP/IP.
NT5/w2k does support IPX/SPX; the MS converter is called "Client
Service for NetWare". It is easy to install if you have original MS-CDs
(or the i386 files on your harddisk), and easy to configure once
installed. If you need more detail, exactly which buttons to click to
get there etc., email me.
Of the various Windows versions I've tried over the last 10 years, w2k
is the one I'm sticking with. Xy runs well in it.