Re: XPL questions

 Now, I know of no program which uses more than 49
Save/Gets, and only an idiot would try to use that many, because the program
would surely go OOM.
Hey, thanks a lot!  I use more than that. But I don't use s/g 50 because
it is reserved. I did have to labor to prevent OOM, but I succeeded.
 Smart programmers re-use Save/Gets; when the data stored
in Save/Get 02 is no longer needed, you use S/G 02 for a new purpose *instead
of* using a brand-new S/G 03 (and leaving the useless data in S/G 02 hanging
around to clog memory).
Even re-using s/gs whenever possible--albeit without straining--I use more
than 49. Okay, I admit it: a) my use of XPL is probably way beyond what was
intended or envisioned; b) you could re-write my pgm to do a lot more
re-using. But remember I do the source code in my XyBasic, which wasn't
originally conceived with re-using in mind. Nevertheless, anticipating
howls of protest, my code works and is maintainable.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx