Re: XyWrite Mac DOSBox Printing

On Aug 13, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from "Fred Weiner"  on
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 01:17:38 -0700
The U2 frame TYP can not be used within DOSBox on a Mac, since it requires
Win32. I welcome anyone's suggestion for improving on this technique.

TYP could probably be *easily* adapted to OS X -- if I had a
Mac, I could certainly do it (anybody want to give me an x86 Mac
to play with??).

For a couple of hundred bucks you could probably get a Mac Mini.
When I get a chance, I'll make it work under
Linux, which should work approximately the same as OSX -- no?
Depends on how it is implemented in Linux. Probably! I have gotten
Linux/Unix apps to compile and run on my machine without any problem.
Or it should be pretty close. You probably need the X-Windows
environment...
I'd suggest trying to get around using X-Windows if you can. It is
available on the developers CD but is not installed by default, but
it IS there as well as the full development suite for OS X.)
Can't you use DOSEMU under OSX, instead of
DosBox? DOSEMU talks to the parent environment, whereas DosBox
probably doesn't/won't.
I too would have thought the DOSEMU would be a better choice as well.
I think there is even now a binary build for OS X that would make it
very simple to install and try.
Btw, Robert, I didn't know if you knew this or not, but if you DO get
a Mac running OS X, you can turn off the entire GUI and run it as a
pure command-line Unix machine.

fyi,

Russ
Robert Holmgren