Re: Language question on XY spellers

" Carl,
"
" Language question. In a previous line, I used the word "behavior". Really I
" typed "behaviour", but the spelling checker (.dic) beeped me for error and
" suggested "behavior"; on the countrary, my paper dictionary only shows
" "behaviour", not "behavior". Are both these words right?
"
" Thanks.
"
" Adriano Ortile
" ortile@xxxxxxxx
"
"
-----------
	Or as some say in Canada, correct spelling or American.

	The default speller in XY is a U.S. Speller (though
	it doesn't like "tonite", rather than the correct
	'British' spelling.
	I know some American academics who are in the British
	literature field who only spell British for writing
	articles etc. and have to re-edit for US publications
	if they are insistent on that.

	Visit either link below for discussion and word lists
	to adapt to your PERS.SPL or other personal spelling
	dictionary, for the Autoreplace or Spellcheck functions.

File that you are currently viewing

  Linkname: American English
  Charset: iso-8859-1 (assumed)
    size: 1298 lines
    mode: normal

Link that you currently have selected

  Linkname: Links to further information

	If you have some current texts that you are working
	with, or have written in your correct spelling, you
	might run the XY spell function on them, appending
	to a file and then examine and edit the resulting
	file that you can add to your personal speller.
	These would result in words you normally use rather
	than odd words.

	I don't know who has filled up their everyday
	Personal speller limit, except when they are using
	a specialized vocabulary set for a project and then
	it is a case of loading that SPECIAL.SPL for the
	specific task.

					Daniel Say
					say@xxxxxxxx, eh!