Getting Xywrite to work on W95

Yo all!

Two weeks ago my old 66 MHz desktop finally flamed out after five years of
faithful service and I was forced to buy a new machine. Anticipating
problems in running Xywrite 3.55 the way I want in Windows 95, I had the
computer company from which I made my purchase set me up with a dual boot
(whereby I have a choice of operating in Windows 3.11 or Windows 95). This
way, I could continue to work exactly as I have been in 3.11 while I worked
out the kinks in 95.

Not surprisingly, I have a problem getting Xywrite 3.55 to work as I wish in
W95. In 3.11 I had put the following macro on the Pause key, using the NI
function:

90=NI,&L,XC,BC,c,a, ,a,:

&L is a program which puts the command line data into a specific Save/Get
for later retrieval by other XPL programs.

In Windows 95, the pause key refuses to work, however. Though I could assign
this function to another key, I'd rather not, since most other keys already
have their own macros, and I see no reason to waste a useful key on my
keyboard, just because Bill Gates doesn't want me to use it.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Zimmerman
Bob Zimmerman
13909 Briarwood Drive, #323
Laurel, Maryland 20708