Re: PAGE-LINE PAINS

>HS->   Yes, but those of us who do need it, expect it to work properly, which
>
> -> anyone know if it happens in XYWIN too?
>
>Having a cute little line running across the screen is
>extremely popular. Perhaps WP 5.1 was among the first to feel
>that a people were unable to interpret that a changing page
>number meant a new page. Anyway, Xywin indulges, as does WP 6.1
>and MS WinWord. The most that can be said is that at least Xywin
>hasn't thrown in the soft page break as a substitute for an
>ENTER. MS Word has, in favor of others, let the line spacing
>stay consistent in spite of its own page demarcation.

  Chet -- you clearly haven't caught on to what Marv and I are
talking about. This is not the normal page line here -- that
works fine, up until it decides to start throwing in lines where
they don't belong. After many pages of the page line being at the
proper page ending, suddenly XY puts in a page line after only
two or three lines on the new page. Then sometimes it will do it
again and again. So you have a page of text with, say, 10 or 12
lines of actual text, but divided up, at least as far as it looks
on the screen, into maybe two, three, or four pages. Wish I could
show it to you. The funny thing is, even if you save at that
point, and close down, when you restart
XY and call up that file, those page lines are gone, and
everything is normal -- until it happens again. This is a
weirdness I first noticed in
Signature, and it continues in XY4 -- reported also, I believe,
by several others --
  What I was asking was if it also happens in XYWIN -- I know
page lines are part of most WP -- I'm asking if the bug exists in
XYWIN. Sorry if I confused you.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.