Re: Putting The Date In A Variable

 <pre>PMJI, Robert, but... I believe the date-into-variable problem was solved with
masks that apply to the DA and TODAY commands apply here; though omitting the
mask altogether does *not* yield Mmmm d, yyy (the VAriable returns nothing --
an error). I've used $DA in many PMs, (e.g., DEADLINE), which work as expected
in DOS and Windows alike. A key use for me is in STARTUP.INT, to branch hither
or thither if this is the first loading of XyWrite for the day, or not. This
is essential to my setup; I've done it with kludges since XyIII+. Now, it's
easy.</sx01,<vn$da[mask]></pre>