Re: Sprucing Xy-Win Up?

Robert, I cannot respond to the question as to whether TTG will enhance XyWrite
for Windows in terms of features, etc. At this moment we are working on various
bug fixes for XyWrite 4 (DOS) and XyWin, as well as developing our upcoming
General Counsel product. We still have an extensive list of fixes (across
products) to attend to. We plan to finalize 4.015 (release) and then begin
4.016 (bug fixes only at this point). We are also in the process of
incorporating bug fixes only, into XyWin. Please contact Marketing in Baltimore
to inquire as to enhancements.

Concerning the .KBD flexibility, I believe we could work on the code to enhance
our access to the keyboard, however I can't promise that we will endeavor into
this. I am in agreement with the idea of full keyboard control... the question
is the development time, product build time and test time. I won't drop this
issue, it has been reported and followed up on.

CTEXT is the only OEM which has the OS/2 engine. This engine is based on the
XyWrite 4 (pre-Signature) code... it's very old. I know nothing about the
availability of this to customers. Again, please contact Marketing in
Baltimore.

FYI... I have worked on the CTEXT interface personally (about 2 years ago). My
impression now is that it is what it is... pre-Signature... nothing fancy..
some customized menus, based on needs, etc. A true XY/OS2 product would be
re-written in my opinion. It would be a true 32-bit system. The current XyWin
product is a 32-bit system (at it's core), but the memory management (probably
the most critical aspect) has not been expanded to 32-bit... this would be a
major undertaking. I believe it will happen though???

SysOp