Re: Giving up on giving it up ...

Marge,

All I can say is, "Oh." Your experience and your usage (overstrike mode)
seem to be different from mine. I won't be in Texas until next March, so I
hope you can get things fixed before then!

There is another possible solution: TameDOS, which handles all the visuals
of Xy a bit differently, and has its own Properties for setting the cursor.
I rely on TameDOS for using Xy and so do a couple of others. For some, it
hasn't worked out quite right. If you want to try it (on a free trial
basis), go to:

http://tamedos.com/downloads/downloads.htm

and select, probably, Tame45e.zip to download. Tame51pre0.exe is in beta
testing--it is a better but less stable product than Tame45e.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx