Re: Somewhat OT: dual booting

Robert Holmgren wrote:
now just edit C:\BOOT.INI (unHide and unSys it, and **back it
up** first), to remove XP from the boot menu and change the number of
"...partition(#)...". Done. If you're not familiar with the structure of BOOT.INI, be
**sure** you have a way of booting from a floppy/CD/memory stick, in order to restore old BOOT.INI
if necessary).
Thank you yet again. I was sure there was some way of getting around this, but my books (no doubt not wanting to reveal anything BBBG doesn't think we need to know) weren't telling me. And yes, I always keep a boot floppy on hand (and will NOT buy a PC without a floppy drive until there's an alternative). The structure looks pretty transparent, but will study it carefully before doing anything.

Thanks again.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx