Re: Somewhat OT: dual booting

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Fri, 19
May 2006 12:10:12 -0400

> The only
> problem is that when I choose Windows, I then STILL get the choice of MS
> Windows or Windows XP (which isn't there). What I should have done was
> seen if there wasn't some way (there probably is) to properly uninstall XP.

You deleted it. No more perfect uninstall exists! Since you did it outside of
Windows' purview, now just edit C:\BOOT.INI (unHide and unSys it, and **back it
up** first), to remove XP from the boot menu and change the number of
"...partition(#)...". Done. If you're not familiar with the structure of
BOOT.INI, be **sure** you have a way of booting from a floppy/CD/memory stick,
in order to restore old BOOT.INI if necessary).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx