Re: Xywrite history

As a newcomer to this listserv, I've been especially pleased to read the XyWrite history posts this past week. I was introduced to XyWrite II in the late '80s by my wife, whose newspaper, the Philadelphia Inquirer, used ATEX in house and XyWrite for its laptops on the road. (Before that I was using Perfect Writer.) Since 1991 I've used XyWrite III+ to write four books. It seems to work fine on Win98, but I have to copy the file to MS-Word for printing or email, a procedure I've grown so accustomed to I don't think twice about it.

The question about XyWrite's future seems to depend on whether it's compatible with Windows XP.  Does anyone have any suggestions about running XyWrite on XP? I have to get a new computer, so I'm hoping it will work on XP and I can continue to use it like forever.

Ken Kalfus