(no subject)

Reply to note from Robert Holmgren on  Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:57:11.

>> Would Robert or Carl, or competent other, show me where to put the speller in
>> my autoexec.bat? When I need it, I have to "load \xy4\dict.spl".

> You do not mention DICT.SPL in AUTOEXEC.BAT.  You don't mention it in
> STARTUP.INT.  You don't mention it *anywhere*.  And you *never* LOAD it!
> You simply locate it (place the file) in the DOS PATH.  Editor's directory should
> be in the PATH, so put DICT.SPL there too.

I misspoke. I don't know where to find the Path statement. I gather it should be in the root directory (\) in autoexec.bat. All that is there, as I noted yesterday, is:
"rem - By Windows Setup - C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX /V /D:CD003
/M:10" ( = carriage return).

If this *is* a path statement, how can I add dict.spl and pers.spl? Editor isn't there, but it loads.

As noted yesterday, this problem began last winter after my op sys (Win 98SE) was reloaded following a bad virus scene,

Bruce