Consistency of keystrokes--Xy and Win

I wonder how the other XyWriters integrate the use of Windows shortcut keys
with Xy's .kbd customization.
E.g., in Xy, I have the Home key take me to the top of the file. In
Windows, that's done by ctrl-Home. There are dozens of irritating
differences between the Windows shortcut keys and what I selected, and
habituated myself to, in customizing the Xy .kbd file long before I used
Windows.
The solution I now use is to use AutoHotkey (see my earlier post on this
wonderful program) to replicate in Windows the keystroke patterns I've
automatized in using Xy. I suppose the other solution would be to set up
the Xy .kbd file to use the Windows shortcut keys for Xy functions--e.g.,
to assign TF to ctrl-Home and EL (express left) or LB (line begin) to Home.

What do you do?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx