RE: Dos Box

Title: RE: Dos Box

I like to think of the current computer era as roughly equivalent to the early days of radio (and slightly less so of television) ownership. In the beginning, most radio owners were "hobbyists"...if they didn't actually build their own radios, they certainly tinkered extensively. Even in my earliest memories (the 50s), lots of folks were still doing all sorts of custom work with radio. And as we all know, today's electronics are pretty much idiot-proof (except for that nagging "flashing time" problem), and almost nobody builds their own anymore...hell nobody even FIXES them anymore.

20 years from now, when the word "computer" isn't even used anymore...we'll be thought as those amazing "oldtimers" who could actually build and program .

-Brian Henderson

-----Original Message----- From: John Negus

Will there ever come a day when we can use a machine without having
to have knowledege of it - as opposed to the task we want to do with it?