Re: Xy'd NB

At 10:08 PM 4/6/2008, Robert Holmgren wrote:
I'm still using version "G" (Lingua), it always opens in a
maximized window (which, I presume, is what you mean by "full
screen")
Actually, the "full screen" I mean is [menu] View-->"Full Window
(Toggle)," which eliminates the button bars, ruler lines, status
lines, command box and gives you a screen with only the title bar and
a menu bar. In G when I quit from "Full Window" with U2 loaded, I'd
get a GPF. About three weeks ago, without knowing it was a U2 induced
anomaly [I discovered this later troubleshooting], I sent a few debug
logs to NB tech support. And they put a fix in H that also required a
line be added to NB.INI, to wit: ShowFullWindow=1 in the [Defaults]
stanza. GPF gone. All of this is good news because, in effect, NB NY
supported XYified NB; I was using the setup from your fine tutorial,
mostly. I'm delighted to get NB XY'd working because now I can use
the tutorial you put on the NB list [maybe I should post it here, if
you haven't] to create a portable NB.

Michael Norman