Re: XyWin Unresponsive

Patricia,

Tried installing it a bunch of times on this machine - literally a plain
vanilla IBM desktop running XP and it just never gets close to booting.
Xy4 is fine but not having some kind of cut and paste made it only
useful for authoring, not necessarily for editing down a piece from a
lot of disparate sources, increasingly my work profile as a development
manager.

Thought I had this going - now when I CLIPW to load something into the
Windows clip board XY4 shouts at me "Customization file requires a file
label". Ah, what is that supposed to mean?

Is there an incantation I need to know about?

Peter

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Peter Cassidy wrote:
Paul, Carl & Xymaestras and Xymasters, I'm running the install now. Up to the part about the RUN REGCFG. Sparks are flying from the CPU and black helicopters have appeared over the house. Spouse is up on the roof holding them off with a talismanic Blue Oyster Cult album cover and a paperback copy of 1984. Film at 11. Peter
Installing Xywin sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Copying a complete Setup worked until XP, when some machines just won't run it and some run it very well. I believe there's a hardware issue there, but have not been able to compile enough data to track it down. Xywin IS flaky and buggy, and if you've gotten CLIP working, you really don't need it. I use it for printing when I need a font I don't have in PostScript. That's all.
C:\Documents and Settings\Peter Cassidy\Desktop\APWG WorkFolder begin:vcard fn:Peter Cassidy n:Cassidy;Peter org:TriArche Research Group;Cambridge adr:Suites 200-202;;38 Rice Street;Cambridge;MA;02140;USA email;internet:pcassidy@xxxxxxxx title:Director of Research x-mozilla-html:FALSE url:http://www.triarche.com version:2.1 end:vcard