Re: XyWrite for Windows---HELP

Jon Huber notes problems with installing XW. I can't remember any myself,
but I have had problems installing and reinstalling XYDOS, because I keep
forgetting that it needs to be done from a boot without AUTOEXEC.BAT and
CONFIG.SYS (i.e., by pressing the shift key when the "MSDOS LOADING" message
begins). I would suggest that you try stripping your AUTOEXEC.BAT and
CONFIG.SYS files down to the minimal entries needed to load Windows in
enhanced mode, and then installing.

N. Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania